Published on June 12th, 2012 | by Dan Barrett0
Televised Revolution – Episode 240
We’re experiencing the growing pains of the television industry. As traditional models seek to find their place in the new televisual landscape, we’re seeing them try to adapt to what is taking place around them. For Nine, it is an attempt to meet their competitors at Seven in the social world with a new check-in app. For US cable giant HBO, it is an attempt to firm their position as a traditional broadcaster despite the pleas from an online marketplace. And for Televised Revolution? Well, there’s no pain here. We’re just along for the ride.
This week Dan and Simon take a look at:
- The claims that Ten are seeking to poach Karl Stefanovic for a new-look The Project.
- Nine get set to launch Jump In, their attempt at a TV check-in app that looks set to tap into the many download / minimal use audience that Fango maintain.
- Ten lose their head of Sales.
- Apple host WWDC – What TV goodies did they have in store for us?
- Big Brother returns across two channels.
- HBO won’t take my money.